Professional Development Grant Application | Fall Cycle
from the diversity, inclusion, justice, and equity (dije) subcommittee of MCTE
August 24, 2020
Michigan English teachers across the state are engaging in professional development that they design themselves—whether through book clubs, meetings with colleagues, attending webinars and developing their own plan of action. To support this work, the diversity, inclusion, justice, and equity (dije) (pronounced dee hay) subcommittee of MCTE seeks to fund professional development that Michigan Teachers of English design that privileges work in dije.
The MCTE dije professional development grant is awarded to a group of (at least 2) classroom English teachers (PK-16) who (a) demonstrate professional excellence; (b) demonstrate a desire to grow in their knowledge of teaching for and/or about diversity, inclusion, justice, and equity; (c) create their own professional development experience. Any English Language Arts teacher or English instructor, who are MCTE members, are eligible to apply. Only joint applications will be considered.
The grant will be awarded to the applicant team who meets the eligibility requirements and whose application indicates the greatest potential for contributing to their professional communities by specifically addressing diversity, inclusion, justice, and equity in their proposal and program. Grant recipients who propose a session for the 2021 MCTE Winter Conference based on their professional development experience and who are accepted will also receive a reduced registration fee conference.
Grant recipients will be awarded up to $150 for a professional development they design to be used for the 2020-2021 school year. The awardees will be announced Aug 25, 2020 and will be recognized at the MCTE Winter 2021 Conference. To apply, send the following application materials to MCTE diversity, inclusion, justice, and equity (dije) chair, Naitnaphit Limlamai: [email protected]
- A cover page detailing:
- the names, grade levels and courses, and school of each member of the application team;
- the title of your proposed professional development;
- a hashtag that encapsulates the theme of your professional development.
- Describe the proposed professional development experience. What will you do? What are your goals? Why is this professional development experience needed? How will you know you are achieving your goals?
- Describe how this professional development experience will benefit your students and your colleagues.
- A proposal of how you might use the grant money.