Professional Development Grant Application
from the diversity, inclusion, justice, and equity (dije) subcommittee of MCTE
December 1, 2019
To fund locally designed professional development for Michigan Teachers of English that privileges work in diversity, inclusion, justice, and equity (dije) (pronounced dee hay).
The MCTE dije professional development grant is awarded to a group (at least 2) of classroom English teachers (PK-16) who demonstrate professional excellence and a desire to grow in their knowledge of teaching for and/or about diversity, inclusion, justice, and equity. Any English Language Arts teacher or English instructor, who are MCTE members, are eligible to apply. Only joint applications will be considered.
The grant will be awarded to the applicant team who meets the eligibility requirements and whose application indicates the greatest potential for contributing to their professional communities by specifically addressing diversity, inclusion, justice, and equity in their proposal and program. Grant recipients who propose a session for the 2020 MCTE Fall Conference based on their professional development experience and who are accepted will also receive a reduced registration fee for the 2020 Fall Conference.
Grant recipients will be awarded $150 for locally designed professional development to be used before the end of the 2019-2020 school year. The awardees will be announced December 18, 2019 and will be recognized at the MCTE Fall 2020 Conference. To apply, send the following application materials to MCTE diversity, inclusion, justice, and equity (dije) chair, Naitnaphit Limlamai: [email protected]
- A cover page detailing:
- the names, grade levels and courses, and school of each member of the application team;
- the title of your proposed professional development program;
- a hashtag that encapsulates the theme of your professional development program.
- Describe the proposed professional development experience. What will you do? What are your goals? Why is this professional development experience needed? How will you know you are achieving your goals?
- Describe how this professional development experience will benefit your students and your colleagues.
- A proposal of how you might use the grant money.